“Observing our core values of care, compassion and a beautiful funeral ceremony but leaving out some of the elements of the traditional ceremonial funeral which add to the cost.”
BEFORE THE FUNERAL
Our commitment to serve your family to the best of our ability, outlined in our ‘funeral promise’.
Our dedicated team of trained and experienced staff on hand at all times to support you at any time 24 hours a day giving support and guidance on all matters related to the funeral. This support is not limited by time or cost and we work with families towards a creating a suitable funeral ceremony regardless of the time incurred.
- Preparation of all legal documentation required by the authorities.
- Liaison with church, crematorium and cemeteries etc to arrange the funeral.
- Our private vehicle to transfer the deceased from a private residence, hospital or Coroner’s facility to our chapel of rest at any time, day or night.
- Looking after the person who has died.
- The care and preparation of the deceased. This usually includes the washing, dressing and preparation of the deceased in preparation for a visit to our chapel or rest or the funeral ceremony.
- Making the funeral arrangements either in your own home or at one of funeral offices.
- Making the funeral arrangements for a date and time of your choosing (subject to the availability of third parties).
- Arranging music for the service including providing an organist or music or digital or disc music if required
- Corresponding with all necessary parties and organisations such as Minister/Celebrant, Doctors, Crematoriums etc
- Use of our in-house design service to create orders of service, invitations and thank-you cards. Printing costs are sometimes extra and will be advised in advance.
- A suitable coffin, chosen by the family from our simplicity range with many more available upon request.
- Access to all of our services for every client.
- A tribute and donations page on our website.
- Administering any donations given at the funeral on your behalf.
- Ordering of floral tributes
- Notices in newspapers, online or using social media
- Booking of a venue and / or caterers for your wake or reception
AT THE FUNERAL
- The required staff present on the day to ensure the smooth running of the event. To include trained and experienced Funeral Directors, bearers, drivers and ushers as required.
- The use of our ‘hearsette’. A discreet private vehicle allowing you to have a gentle arrival at the crematorium or cemetery.
- A simplicity funeral will start at the crematorium or cemetery and we encourage the family and mourners to meet us at the venue.
- The coffin will be placed inside the chapel or at the graveside prior to your arrival.
- Handling donations to your chosen charity including collection of donations at the service and use of our online donation service.
AFTER THE FUNERAL
- Taking the flowers to a suitable venue following the funeral
- Access to bereavement counsellors at no charge.
- Follow up information including totals of donations and attendees.
- Collection and storage of cremated remains from the crematorium. (if applicable)
- Arranging the interment or return of the ashes (if applicable).
- Advice on any stonemasonry or memorials you may require. Along with referral to our local stonemason.
- Advice and referral to our trusted network of local professionals to assist you in all matters surrounding the estate, probate, property and any other services you may require.
- In the case of a burial, an Oak grave-marker with engraved plate ensuring the grave is marked until a headstone is arranged.
- In the case of a burial, return visits from our gravedigger to ensure the grave is flat and respectable.
Please note, our simplicity services will be limited to Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Due to other restrictions the simplicity service is only available at certain crematoria and cemeteries.